After coming along on two hikes with the New York Ramblers, you need to send in an application for membership. You can 1.) mail the completed application and a check to our Treasurer, Chris, or 2.) alternatively, you can scan it, email it, and give Chris your dues in cash on an upcoming hike. You can pay for several years at a time if you like.
- new member: $7 for first year (includes $1 application fee)
- renewing member / additional years: $6 per year
- new member-couple: $8 for first year (includes $1 application fee)
- renewing member-couple / additional years: $7 per year
Dues help the club pay for printing and mailing of the schedule and for rental of space for the annual meetings.
Applications are reviewed and approved at the next semi-annual council meeting. After you have submitted the application and are waiting for approval, just keep coming by contacting hike leader in advance.
Members can see how long their membership is paid by checking the date indicated on mailing label of the new schedules that are sent out twice a year.
Some of the benefits of membership include:
- receive the latest schedule on paper and/or pdf twice a year
- see the meeting place and time for hikes listed (you will no longer need to contact leader in advance)
- get email alerts of any important hike changes
- attend annual meetings and vote on club business
- make friends with others who love to hike
- stay in shape and get regular weekly exercise
- discover new trails in the greater NYC area
Thank you for your generous support.
New York Ramblers patches are available to members for $2 from our Treasurer, Chris. Sometimes he has patches along with him on a hike, sometimes not, so it is best to request in advance.
* * *
* * *
After a day’s walk everything has twice its usual value.
~George Macauley Trevelyan
* * *
Member of New York-New Jersey Trail Conference