After coming along on two hikes with the New York Ramblers, you need to send in an application for membership.
It’s easy. You can either mail the application and a check, or email a scan or photo of your application and pay with Zelle. Details are on the application form.
- new member: $7 for first year (includes $1 application fee)
- renewing member / additional years: $6 per year
- new member-couple: $8 for first year (includes $1 application fee)
- renewing member-couple / additional years: $7 per year
Applications are reviewed and approved at the next semi-annual council meeting. After you have submitted the application and are waiting for approval, just keep coming by contacting hike leader in advance.
Dues help the club pay for printing and mailing of the schedule and for rental of space for the annual meetings. Thank you for your support!
Members can see how long their membership is paid by checking the date indicated on mailing label of the new schedules that are sent out twice a year.
Some of the benefits of membership include:
- receive the latest schedule on paper and/or pdf twice a year
- see the meeting place and time for hikes listed (you will no longer need to contact leader in advance)
- get email alerts of any important hike changes
- attend annual meetings and vote on club business
- make friends with others who love to hike
- stay in shape and get regular weekly exercise
- discover new trails in the greater NYC area
New York Ramblers patches are available to members for $2 from our Treasurer, Chris, who often has patches along with him on a hike, or by request.
* * *
* * *
After a day’s walk everything has twice its usual value.
~George Macauley Trevelyan
* * *
Member of New York-New Jersey Trail Conference